Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hearing from Him

As I was driving to meet with some friends to pray together, this song played on the radio - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YLXWANhvI – which I’d heard many times before, but never paid attention to the words. At one point, the words became crystal clear to me and seemed to be spoken straight to my heart.
I arrived at my friend’s house, and there was a good time of sharing and prayer.  Much of what my friends had for me in reply to what I shared seemed pertinent to the section of the song that stood out so strongly to me. I shared that perhaps the Lord spoke something to me on the drive over which tied in to what was being revealed. They asked what, and I explained about the song, and I sang the section that the Lord highlighted for me:

“..got a couple dents in my fender - a couple rips in my jeans. Try and fit the pieces together, but PERFECTION is my enemy. On my own I'm so clumsy, but on Your shoulders I can see, I'm FREE to be me.”
At that point, a friend reached behind her and grabbed a sheet of paper. On her drive over (1 hour and 45 minutes in traffic!), she had heard the same song, and the Lord impressed on her that the words were meant for me (that specific section that I had just sung!). There it was – scribbled on her paper (quite scribbled, because she wrote it while driving – ha!!)... the exact section of the song! How amazing to have the Lord confirm His encouragement to me. He is incredibly kind. : )

I'm a child in this journey, but I'm so glad that my ears are opening and I'm learning to recognize His voice. I hope this story speaks to you in some way!  He is VERY real - He is CRAZY about you - and He does speak and move in powerful ways.